VMH Certified, Registered Nurse Anesthetists (CRNA’s) offer a wide spectrum of patient care, with specific focus on providing perioperative, critical care and pain management services. Anesthetists and technicians work as a team during surgical and diagnostic procedures in the operating room suite and other locations at VMH.
Sedation, regional and general anesthesia, and analgesia are used to provide patients with a satisfying experience during procedures performed by surgeons and other physicians.
State-of-the-art anesthesia and monitoring devices provide the safest experience possible.
- Sedation, regional and general anesthesia, analgesia
- Intraoperative transesophageal echocardiographic monitoring
- Elective and emergency airway management
- Perioperative peripheral and neuraxial nerve blocks for pain management
- Perioperative vascular access
Patients undergoing anesthesia usually undergo preoperative evaluation. It includes gathering a history of previous anesthetics, and any other medical problems, physical examination, ordering required blood work and consultations prior to surgery.