Hospice: A Special Way to Care for People
Vernon Memorial Healthcare Hospice offers care, comfort and support when it is needed most. Hospice is for patients, families, friends and caregivers dealing with the end of life. Our support brings comfort, hope and reassurance. We serve patients at home, in long-term care facilities or at Vernon Memorial hospital. Vernon Memorial Hospice honors, encourages and respects your end-of-life choices.
Vernon Memorial Hospice provides staff visits and resources that patients and families need.
- Support for patients and caregivers
- Compassionate medical care from professional staff who listen
- Personal care and assistance
- Companionship, hope and sensitivity for your spiritual journey
- Dedicated volunteers who offer a warm smile, a hand to hold, a heart to share
- On-call support day or night
- Connections to resources-legal assistance, meals on wheels, funeral planning, transportation
- Grief support and counseling from experienced professionals
- A caring presence that comforts loss
- Delivery of medications, medical supplies, medical equipment, oxygen