Patient & Visitor Information
Vernon Memorial Healthcare is dedicated to serving the medical needs of the region. We hope you find this information useful when planning a visit.
Though we have no restricted visiting hours at Vernon Memorial Hospital, there are times of day when it is better to see a patient. Early morning is the time for doctor visits, therapies and other types of patient care. The best time to visit is usually after 11:00 a.m. We also encourage visitors to leave by 8:30 p.m. so patients may get their rest. Under special circumstances, a family member may wish to stay at the patient's bedside throughout the night.
* Parents are welcome to stay with their hospitalized children.
* If you have a cold or other respiratory infection, please consider staying home
* VMH strives to be a latex-safe environment, using latex free alternatives whenever possible for the safety of patients and staff. While balloon bouquets (latex) are appealing, a substitute of Mylar balloons would assist in achieving our goal.
* Smoking and/or the use of tobacco products (cigarettes, cigars, chewing tobacco, snuff, pipes, etc.) in our buildings or on our grounds is strictly prohibited. This includes our patient and staff parking areas. Vernon Memorial provides a variety of business-related services which include:
* The VMH Gift Shop - The gift shop is located in the hospital lobby and has gifts, cards and books for all ages. Proceeds benefit the Friends of VMH.
* ATM Machine - An ATM machine is located on the lower level of the Viroqua Area Medical Office Building, outside of The Grille.
* Mail Drop - A post office drop box is located under the drive-up canopy in front of the hospital. Mail is picked up once daily, Monday-Friday.
* Computer Access – Computers are available for public use in the lobby of Vernon Memorial Hospital and on the lower level of the Viroqua Area Medical Office Building. We ask that visitors observe a 30 minute time limit to allow equal access to everyone.
* Dining – Visitors may enjoy breakfast mornings from 6:30am to 9:15am and lunch from 11:30am to 1:00pm in the hospital cafeteria, located in the lower level of Vernon Memorial Hospital. Vending and soda machines are located here. Breakfast and lunch is also available in The Grille, located in the Viroqua Area Medical Office Building lower level. The Grille is open Monday through Friday from 7:00 am to 3:00pm and Saturdays 7:00 am to noon.
Looking for the Vernon Memorial Hospital address?
We're at 507 S. Main St., Viroqua, WI 54665.
Our main phone number is (608) 637-2101.