Every good team needs a good coach. Your coach knows you, encourages you and teaches you the best strategies to get the win. Your healthcare coach is your primary care provider (PCP). Here's how the two of you work together to improve your health:
- Your PCP will keep you up-to-date on important immunizations.
- Your PCP knows your health history, such as risk factors for heart disease, diabetes and other chronic illnesses.
- If you do live with a chronic illness, your PCP knows your history with that illness. He or she can guide you through the ups and downs, medications and other therapies.
- When it's time for important health screenings, for example a mammogram or colonoscopy, your PCP can bring that to your attention and schedule them for you.
- Your PCP will act as your healthcare advocate. Because your PCP knows you and your health history, he or she is the best person to consult when you think something is wrong.
- When you see a family practice provider, that provider is able to care for every member of your family.
- A relationship with a PCP can save you from unnecessary, and costly, trips to the ER for healthcare concerns that can be appropriately addressed during an office visit.
Our healthcare coaches at VMH are here to serve you! Click here to find the one that's right for you.